Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gym/weight help! I have been goin to the gym for three weeks now & whilst I am not dieting, I have cut down..?

on my food. In 3 weeks I seems to have put on over half a stone which I cannot believe! I know muscle weighs more than fat but even so.
Im doing about an hour a day cardio %26 15 mins a day light weights to tone up.
Is it true that its more beneficial to go to the gym lie 3 times a week instead of 5-6 days a week?
Please help... x
Answer:
You can do cardio everyday. Do weights every other day to allow your muscles to rest. You might not notice that youve lost weight if you check it, but how about it you measure parts of your body?? Your body changes the first 3-4 weeks after doing exercise. As you know muscle weights more than fat, so as you loose fat, muscle develops, your body changes shape, but you wont loose pounds til a bit later. Do I make sense? Good luck
Its good to go every other day to give your body a chance to grow new cells.Try a healthy diet.
Cardio exercises can be done every day. As for weight training, it is best to do those exercises every other day, as your muscles develop microscopic tears in them and need about 48 hours to rebuild and get stronger. I'm not sure how to explain the weight gain, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Our weights tend to fluctuate day to day, and most scales aren't very accurate anyway. Just keep doing what you are doing, but give your muscles at least 48 hours rest in between weight training sessions.
I was in good health, and started training for a marathon, over the first few weeks I put on about 2-3 pounds, then they started to come off 2-3 per week. I started at about 175, got down to 162, broke my foot and then 6 weeks later I was 159. It's amazing how much musle weighs. It's now 10 weeks afer that and I am now 171, and just started running again.
as a personal gym instructor i advise goin 3 times a week building up the intensity and duration of the exercise gradually also as well as cardio do a balanced weight session as muscle still use up energy to repair muscle cells for a longer period of time after exercise.also try going to the gym in a morning befor eatting breakfast as you will burn off body fat rather then calories.also speak to your gym instructor fore advice on programmes and healty eatting .
Yes its better to go every other day. Yes muscle weighs more than fat, but I dont think you'd have put that much on in 3 weeks! Try a healthier diet. Instead of cutting down on food altogether just cut out the crap (especially if you eat a lot of it!) Eg chocolate, cake, crisps, alcohol etc etc. I shouldnt worry about it too much at this stage. Keep up the good work!
don't worry about weighing more, judge your results on how you look and how your clothes fit. take measurements.
Cardio every day is a fantastic way to lose weight and tone up. Weighs should be done with a day/2 day gap in between to allow muscles to heal. Not sure why the weight has gone up, especially looking at the routine you're following. All I can think is that you should give it a lot longer than 3 weeks before you start trying to gauge your results. Check again in a month, then 2 months. Hopefully you'll see the results you want by then.
You don't say whether you'r clothes feel like you've gained or lost weight? When you increase your exercise it can take a while for the scales to catch up.When I stopped running a high weekly mileage because of injury my weight went down because of the loss of muscle, when you would think you would have gained weight because of not using the same energy up.Although there's nothing wrong in doing cardio 5 times a week (everyone needs at least one day of rest) you shouldn't really be doign this sort of level straight away. You need to give your body time to adapt to the additonal demands you are making on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Has anyone ever Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net