Saturday, October 31, 2009

Has anyone had luck losing weight this way?

I saw a documentary where this woman said she lost over 100 pounds by simply changing the timing of her meals. She ate most of her calories before 1pm and stopped eating altogether by 5. Does this really make a difference you think? Anyone try this?
Answer:
I know your body digests food better when it's eaten in the morning. And I also know night snacks are most of the reason people gain weight.I try to finish eating before 6 (including dinner) and I usually lose 1 1/2 pounds a week rather than just 1 a week (eating after 6). I guess it does work, something to do with the digestive system.However, I would spread your calories out more because if you eat too much in the morning you may be tempted to eat more in the afternoon. Here's how I try to spread mine out.10AM - Breakfast, 300 - 400 calories
12PM - Snack, 30 - 200 calories
2:30PM - Lunch, 300 - 500 calories
4PM - Snack, 30 - 100 calories
5:30PM - Dinner, 400 - 600 caloriesThat way your calorie intake is more balanced throughout the day.
i never tried this but on paper it will work. If you stop eating at 5pm you will not be digesting when you sleep and if you continue to eat small meals your metabolism should keep steady.
Jeffy is quite right; it's best not to eat 3-5 hours before you head off to bed. My friend changed her eating time as well, except that she only eats every 5 hours with no snack in between. She followed the SureSlim programme and it really worked for her and she was eating real food too!
I lost 70 pounds eating 5 meals a day. Sometimes I would even eat a full dinner at 8;00 at night. It all depended how my meals spaced out during the day. I also had 60% carbs, but I worked out 3-5 days a week along with cardio. It was not an easy work out as I had a personal trainer worth every dollar I paid him. I was in the best shape of my life, never hungry because I ate all the time. Calories in, calories out. If you starve your body your body begins to store food to eat off so not eating after 5:00 until the next day is probably not a good idea as it will slow down your metabolism. Eating more frequent will speed it up and pretty soon you'll be able to eat things you never did before. You need exercise, cardio, diet, and rest and sleep. All 4 wheels to be successful and remain successful.Good luck!
Was that the documentary where she eats her supper in the morning? Like, literally, chicken and salad, etc. --- at 6am?
... Coz that was a gooder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Has anyone ever Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net